VOMO has partnered with Checkr to provide background checks for your volunteers. You can manage and run background checks on your volunteers all within your Administration Dashboard. Simply follow these steps:
- Visit your Administrative Dashboard by clicking on the link in your Profile dropdown, or visit admin.vomo.org.
- When the "Dashboard" opens, use the menu on the left and select "People".
- To the right of each person's name is column titled "Background" with an icon that looks like a shield. If it is a grey color and says "add" then that person does not have a background check. Click on the icon.
- Select "add manual check" if you already have a background check on file from another service other than Checkr.
- Select "Choose Package" to perform a Checkr background check of your choice. There are 3 different packages available.
Once the background check is completed, the volunteer will have a green shield icon that says "Clear" next to their name if they passed the background check. To see some basic highlight info on their background check simply click on the "Clear" shield icon.
In the "Settings" tab in the menu on the left side of the page you can adjust how long a background check lasts (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years).